Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Wind Beneath His Wings

Instead of always seeking the spotlight for myself, I have recently decided to become the wind beneath my husband's wings.  Not that I completely abjure pursuing my own dreams and goals, don't get me wrong.  I am very creative and have aspirations to serve Krsna in ways that satisfy me personally.  But I am just giving it a try.  I mean placing my own desires and dreams in Krsna's hands and trusting that He will fulfill my desires to serve Him in ways that are specific to my own talents at a time and in a way that is chosen by Him. In other words, I personally want to use my talents to serve Krsna and Krsna's devotees, but I am putting my husband's goals and dreams first and trusting that Krsna will arrange for me to be able to also pursue my own goals when the time is right.

Our husbands are good-hearted souls who just want to be Krsna conscious.  Right now my goal is to help my husband in every way I can.  I want to be the wind beneath his wings.  Do you want to join me?  Let us wives help our husbands in every way we can.  Let's be the wind beneath their wings.

Srila Prabhupada suggested that we experiment with devoting ourselves fully to uncovering our love for Krsna in this lifetime, as in total surrender.  So why not those of us who are in women's bodies give total-surrender-to-encouraging-our-husbands a try?  Why not try to devote ourselves fully to encouraging our devotee husbands to become the very best they can be in every way?  Krsna will take notice.  He will be pleased.  Srila Prabhupada will be pleased.  We will benefit, our husbands will benefit, our children will benefit, the worldwide assembly of Vaisnavas will benefit, nay, the entire planet will benefit.

There can be no negative results from such noble behavior, such a noble endeavor.  There will only be positive results.  We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

So ladies, let's give it our all, our very best effort!  Let's put our dear husbands first and become the wind beneath their wings.  Such a lofty goal and sweet service attitude will certainly make us happy.  Not only happy--such a pleasing attitude of humble deferral to our husbands might just get us out of the cycle of samsara once and for all, and hey! that's the purpose of human life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment