Monday, February 11, 2013

Letter to My Readers

My Dear Readers,

Pranams.  Jai Srila Prabhupada.  Hare Krsna.  Thank you so much for being here.  Since you are Vaisnavis, I feel it's only fair to warn you about this blog...   

Where There is No Fighting is not one of those fun, hilariously entertaining blogs that keep you laughing on every page.  It's not a cozy, curl-up-next-to-the-fire-for-some-nurturing-time-with-a-girlfriend kind of blog, either.  It's a serious blog where we are trying to understand the duties of a dharmapatni.  Of course, it's not that we can't laugh here.  We're not stiff or rigid, we love to laugh and have fun.  After all, joking is an important part of married life, as Krsna remarks to Rukmini: “My dear beautiful wife, you know that because we are householders we are always busy in many household affairs and long for a time when we can enjoy some joking words between us. That is our ultimate gain in household life.” (KB 60)  

Also, Srila Prabhupada candidly pointed out once that when women get together, they naturally talk about their husbands.  And sometimes such talks can get pretty funny.  So we can enjoy a good time, but...

We're also serious about understanding Srila Prabhupada's instructions for wives, wives who want to fully reawaken their love for Krsna and get out of this material world for good.  At the end of this very lifetime.  So if you're serious about completely uncovering your love for Krsna and getting out of here and going all the way back home, back to Godhead, like right now, then welcome aboard! 

And while you're still here in the material world, if you want to understand and practice the concept of refraining from fighting with your husband so that the Goddess of Fortune will be attracted to come live in your home, then this blog is probably for you.  If you want to know what Srila Prabhupada taught as far as the duties of chaste women, maybe you're in the right place.  

Whatever inspired you to click your mouse on wherethereisnofighting.blogspot.com, I'm glad you're here.  

Just to let you know, I'm personally nowhere near where I want to be in becoming a devoted wife, what to speak of a pure devotee of Krsna.  I'm just preaching to myself here on WTNF and sharing my own realizations and experiences, because when I hear the instructions given by Srila Prabhupada, I remember them better, and when I share my realizations and experiences with others, I always get positive feedback from girlfriends, like, "I'm so glad you shared that!  Thanks!  Now I feel like I'm not alone!" and stuff like that.  This is a joint effort--you and me, girl!--soooo...

Susvagatam!  Welcome!  I hope you will find something--even one little teeny thing--in these pages that will assist you in growing closer to your husband and closer to Krsna.  That is my prayer.  And especially, if you find even one teeny-weeny little idea here that can help you refrain from fighting with your husband, or improve in some small way toward being a better, more Krsna conscious devotee and wife, I count this effort as worthwhile.  Thanks again for being here. 

Your aspiring servant,

Phalini dd

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog, Phaliniji. The most important thing I learned here was to stop fighting with the husband; show some respect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u so much phalini mataji this blog is very helpful as I am preparing to get married in few months. I am so glad I am recieving this wonderful training through you. All glories to your service and all glories to Srila Prabhupada

    ReplyDelete